Estee Lauder Hot Coralline Pure Color Vivid Shine Lipstick
Estee Lauder Hot Coralline Pure Color Vivid Shine Lipstick ($26, 0.13 oz) is a light, watermelon pink with bright pink and golden flecks of shimmer. There are tones of coral, pink and peach that are all wrapped up in this beautiful gold tube.
Although you might not be able to tell from the photos, this lipstick has tons of shimmer. So much in fact, that you can feel the slight grittiness of the glitter on your lips during application. The finish is a creamy frost – so if you don’t like shimmery frost.. I’d skip out on this one. It’s sheer with one coat, and very buildable with additional coats. The main downside aside from the texture is that the formula has a tendency to settle in the lip lines if too much is applied, and unfortunately this color can accentuate dryness.
Aside from that, the color is beautiful and it doesn’t stop me from wearing this lipstick frequently. I think it’s a fab shade for the Summer and I think it’s a great shade for those of you who lean towards those warm, peachy-pink lipsticks – my fav!
- Very pretty shimmering warm, peachy-pink color
- Sheer with one coat, and builds to opaque with additional layers
- Despite the feel of the glitter, the actual formula feels nice on the lips
- Feels gritty upon application as well as a slight grittiness on the lips (common with frosty or shimmery lipsticks)
- Has a tendency to highlight dryness and settle in fine lines if multiple layers are applied
- Has a slight scent and taste (which might be the apricot kernel in the formula) – it doesn’t bother me but might be annoying to those who prefer unscented lip products
- I wish the frost/shimmer was toned down – for those of you that don’t like frost or shimmer, this is lipstick is a no-go